We help the world’s media, information, data, and technology providers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. We advance the business of information as a company “that works” — for each other, our clients, our stakeholders, and our community.
At Outsell, we believe that information and knowledge are fuel for the human spirit. They foster understanding, discovery, enjoyment, learning, and commerce around the globe. We believe in a world where people always have access to the information they need, advancing their lives so they can advance the lives of others.
Two causes — literacy and sustainability — reflect our shared corporate commitment. In addition, our team members volunteer at a variety of local charities, wherever they live. Team members are encouraged to use their flexible work hours to support spending time with self, family, and community, and to keep a schedule that works for them, our clients, and our colleagues.
We deliver and delight, create a “wow” experience, and achieve win-win-win through:
We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on sustaining great relationships.
We are committed to helping our clients achieve outstanding results.
We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought leader.
Innovation and creativity.
We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
We collaborate with our clients and each other and maintain impeccable communication in all we do.
Fun, freedom, and family.
We get the job done in a way that works for our clients, our colleagues, and each of us.
We expect excellence and are always learning and improving.
We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
- We’re objective. We cover all stakeholders in the industry, whether or not they’re our clients.
- We tell it like it is. Any fee-for-hire white papers we write are for market education only. We don’t let clients tell us what to write (or not), and we don’t promote companies or products.
- We’re above-board. We don’t invest in firms we analyze or accept equity as payment from clients. Our analysts can’t hold material investments in any firm they cover, and if they have a small (non-material) investment, they have to tell us.
- We’re consistent about pricing. No willy-nilly discounts. If you compare notes with another client, you’ll know you’ve been treated the same.
- We deliver quality. Our research and analysis use the right methodology for the right question and the best technologies in the market. We design our own research and we oversee all our fielding. We won’t hand you over to a random third party. If we make a mistake, we fix it.
- We’re clear. Everything we do is built on fact-based arguments that we can defend. You may disagree with our stance, but you’ll know why we took it.
- We’re thorough. We form opinions about a company by analyzing and cross-verifying a broad array of facts and trends. We don’t rely on statements from any one firm.
- We can keep a secret. When we contact you, we’ll tell you why. If you’re on the record, you’ll know. Any time you contact us, we’re off the record.
- We’re discreet. We don’t ever, ever name clients, even to someone else in the same company. If we do, we have permission.
- We stick to our knitting. We won’t barter, act as a sales agent, or negotiate for stakeholders in the industry.
- We respect copyright. We won’t use anyone’s intellectual property without permission.
- We’re fair. We provide equal opportunity for vendors to compete for our business.
- We’re classy and picky. We don’t hire from client companies and we only hire the best and the brightest.
- We’re friendly. We treat our clients as if they’re in our home. If there’s anything you need, just let us know.
- We deliver and promise “wow”! Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we’ll make it right. No matter what it takes.
Everyone in our firm takes these values to heart and it’s our promise to uphold them in all that we do.